2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Switching Gears

I am getting geared up for Race the Lake on August 21st. This is a 90 miles road race around Lake Winnebago. This will be the third year that I will be doing it, I like this race a lot, I think it is really FUN! I like it because the field size is huge and it reminds me of a Pro tour stage, because it is cyclists from should to center line with 100 plus racers in the first wave. It is such a rush the feeling you get from being in such a big group and just being pulled along in the draft.

So, my training has changed a bit and I have been putting in longer rides especially on the weekends.

I have not been racing and it feels like my last race has been forever ago. The last race I did do was the State Criterium Championship. I am going to keep trying to get long rides in on the weekend and get some good recovery during the week. I am actually going to pre-ride the course on Saturday, looks to be a good weekend for riding.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment