2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roller training

Last night the weather was a bit wet, so I opted to stay dry and train in my basement on my rollers. I know.....it is a bit early to want to train in the basement, but hey, I didn't want to get wet, and it was a bit cool out. I didn't feel like putting on some of my cooler riding gear.

Anyways, I only rode for 1hr 15min. and tried to do some sprints. This doesn't work properly on rollers. I tried to stand and do one that didn't work, and I kept playing with what may work best and what I came up with was to do them sitting and play around with the gearing, so I wasn't shifting.

I managed to get it figured out, not producing the watts that I can outside, but hey I am doing these sitting down. Still a workout right? I do have to say that you could only try do produce enough power with my roller set up. What do I mean? Well, I have Kreitler rollers system and the drum size is 2 1/4"dia. with the head wind. Having the smaller diameter drum and the head wind gives me more resistance to produce higher watts.

Workout went well, need another big fan though.

Kind of wish I was racing Gateway Cup this weekend, but will be missing it this year and hopefully do next year. My mom is flying in from Arizona today and will be seeing her this weekend. My little bro turns 22 too this weekend, so will be celebrating that too.

Thanks for reading and sorry for wasting your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment