2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, April 29, 2013

Whitnall Park/La Grange RR

I had another double race weekend. Saturday was a criterium at Whitnall Park in Hales Corners and Sunday was a road race in the Southern Kettles. I am going to keep this short.
Saturday I went early to catch some of the action from the previous races. I kind of lost track of time and didn't allow myself enough time for a proper warm up. My goal was to not get dropped, yes that was my goal. The course is climbing and descending, and I am not a strong climber. Lap after lap the hill was getting to me. I finished 20 out of 37, so goal accomplished.
Sunday for the road race again, goal was to finish and not get dropped. Goal was also met, and I am very surprised because with 21 miles to go I was already starting to cramp up during the hard efforts. I finished 15th. I am not sure how many racers there were, my guess is 20-25.
I am looking to have some nice recovery days, and head out to La Crosse on Saturday for the criterium.

No comments:

Post a Comment