2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Early outside group ride

Saturday March 6th there was a group ride in Cedarburg that I attended. I normally like to ride to Cedarburg and then ride with the group and then back home. But, this time I new being early season and a beautiful day I knew that the pace was going to be fast. I did see the planned route and there were a lot of decent hills that we had to climb. So, I drove and met the group of about 17, which I thought that there would have been more. As we headed out the pace was very mild and when we were climbing the hills there were people blasting up them. No king of the mountain points for me. I really need to work on my climbing. I was never the first one up any of the hills, come to think of it I don't think I was even in the top five. As we headed back and the route getting more flat the lead outs and the sprints were picking up. I worked on doing some lead outs, which seem to work, I managed to stretch the group out. Towards the end of the ride I was starting the get the muscle twitch that you get before a muscle cramp. I took a gel and that seem to help. I wanted to contest for the last sprint, which I was able to get a huge lead out starting with one of my team mates and then to tri guys that were flying. I snuck around the last try guy right by the sign. I have been feeling so so with my training, but I do feel that my form is coming back.

Sunday I met with one of my team mates in Cedarburg who was putting together a group ride, but nobody showed up. Very surprising considering the weather was perfect. Anyways I was on a time crunch so we rode light tempo and talked on the way towards Holly Hill and then when it was time to come back we kicked the tempo up a bit. We worked on our two man pace line and I felt pretty strong. We made great time back and I was able to make it home early.

This week we are not having such nice weather, a bit gloomy and wet. Saturday we are planning on doing a crit. practice and hopefully the weather will cooperate. Sunday is my first race down in Kenosha if the weather is okay. I will be blogging about my races for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment