2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, March 1, 2010

Northern Kettle Ride

Well before I get to writing about by Northern Kettles ride which I did on Sunday, Saturday I went to the shop and rode indoors because outside the roads were covered with a light heavy snow and the roads where very slippy, at least for a road bike.

Sunday while my wife was at the gym running 16 miles, I went for a ride. The wind was coming out of the NNE so I headed from my house to the norther Kettles. I played my ipod and went alone. I forgot that listening to music and riding by yourself can actually be enjoyable.

When I left the roads were dry for the most part and as I kept going north they were getting more damp along with some light flurries. The roads were very safe not icy at all. I rode up to Mauthe Lake and then went around Long Lake. The site seeing was good and saw a bunch of people ice fishing on Long Lake. The roads by Long Lake were completly wet and I was getting wet on the outside by staying dry on the inside except for the swet that I have produced.

When I started heading south with the wind to my back was awsome. I was able to kick my speeds up quite a bit and climb the hills better. My route for the most part was an out and back route, but went around Long Lake and took a little different way into West Bend to avoid some hills due to I was running out of time and had to get home by a certain time. All in all I felt I had a great ride still keeping my intensity down a little. Well thats all for now and we are only two weeks away till the first race (wheather permitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment