2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, April 19, 2010

Menomonee Park/ GDVC #2, 2010

I am going to keep this short. Saturday at Menomonee Park, sunny skies, windy and mid to up 50's. Was there pretty much all day, but did have to leave immediately after my race. To the race, I felt good stayed protected and then with one lap to go I was ready. I waited to long to get into position and was behind a crash. I opted to go cycle crossing into a field to avoid going down. Not sure what place I was. Oh well, was happy to keep the rubber side down. Sorry to hear about everyone else misfortunes. Hope everyone (Scott, Ryan) have a fast recovery! Nice job everyone else that came out to race!

Sunday GDVC #2 I wanted revenge from the day before. Legs were feeling well! Talked to Grant and Travis and we had no set plans. I did do a bit more work than I wanted to, but wanted to stay towards the front to be able to react with others and keep my eye on anyone off the front. Last lap I was about 5th position with one person going off the front a bit. I was watching like a hawk but he wasn't getting away. We caught him on the uphill on the backside and I waited patiently for others to start charging. That happened very quickly and I went with it. In the last corner I took the inside with four guys still in front of me and went to work chasing and passing one by one. I managed to get passed everyone and win the race. Thanks for the Victory beer, sure did taste GREAT!

Looking forward to next weekend. Whitnall Park and Fitchburg

No comments:

Post a Comment