2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, April 26, 2010

Whitnall Park/ Fitchburg

Saturdays weather was wet, cool, but not to windy. The course is a great course, this hill/hills wore on me after awhile. My team mate Travis was able to put himself into a break.I didn't feel that strong and didn't have to go to the front to slow the pace down at. It was an 8 man break, so plenty of representation from other teams that helped slow things down. I did manage to muscle a 2nd place field sprint finishing 9th. Travis was able to hang in there and finish 7th.

Sunday was a bit dryer, but much windier and still cool temperatures. I managed to get into a break that wasn't working well together and two were able to ride away from us, but they were eventually brought back and we were all together for couple more laps. I think with 3 or 4 laps to go there were two that went off the front and they were able to make it. On the last lap Travis told me to get behind him and pulled his heart out trying to get me to the front. Thanks Travis, I was able to get 6th and he finished right behind me. Tough race, a lot of work! I have noticed that if you are not willing to chase, either is anyone else! Cat 3's don't work well with each other.

That's it for now, have a road race on Saturday that has some great hills and then a criterium on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment