2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, September 10, 2012

CF Cycle for Life

This past weekend (9/8/12) Tammy and I did a charity ride to help raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. I first would like to thank all of those that donated! Thanks a lot, it means so much to me. The ride started at 7:30am and in the town of Middleton. It was a cool morning and very windy, but sunny, thankfully. I rode the 50 mile route and Tammy rode the 25 miles route. The route was very challenging will lots of climbs and the wind made it that much harder. The route was the same as last year which was a good thing because some of the marking were gone. I am assuming someone didn't like them there or were just being asses. I did pass an intersection that I remember from the past year, but thought they changed the route. Not the case, I didn't make it to far before I had some come up to me at an intersection and say we were suppose to turn back there. So, later in the ride when the markings weren't there I just turned where it did the previous year. I can't believe I remembered the route from last year.

My fitness is coming back slowly and I compared my ride this year to last years. This year I was a .5mph faster and used @ 200 more kjs. Oh yeah, one other thing, my rear derailleur cable almost broke on my too. I new it was breaking with @ 15 miles to go so I tried to shift as little as possible.

Sunday Tammy and I went for a 8 mile hike on the Ice Age Trail just north of Hwy H and headed north. We are really enjoying hiking lately, just might be our new Sunday thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment