2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Anticipation (T.o.A.D.)

It has been a little while since my last blog. But, anyways really haven't been up to anything. My last race was this past Sunday in Burlington, WI and didn't go well for me. The course was great but the field was super small with only 12 men and that is with combining M1,2,3's, Cat. 3's, and the 1,2's all together. Weather was cloudy to start, but tempatures comfortable to me being in the mid 60's. Started out well being able to hold my own until two Gear Grinder guys ramped it up and I had to try to bridge a gap. As I was bridging the gap and getting close saying to myself that I have this one crossed, just as I started to lighten up on the pedals a little they started pulling away and I couldn't get on. Two other riders caught back up to me and we were going to take it easy until lapped and then try to get back on. Another lap latter it started to rain, so I decided to quit. I have quit a lot of races this year.

New plan is not to upgrade to a 2 until they make me!

On a more positive note, Travis my team mate has locked up 1st place in the WCA Cat. 3 cup points, and I am hoping to hold onto 2nd. The team has locked up some other Categories too!

Tour of America's Dairyland is right around the corner now (3 days away) and I am getting excited for that. I am doing the whole thing and hoping to do well overall and hope to win one of the races. Travis is also doing the whole thing and I think he has a better chance at winning the overall. He just missed it last year in a different category by 1 point. I hope he can get it this year. He is riding super strong and feel he will do very well.

Till next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment