2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Snake Alley/Melon City/Rock Island 2010

What a fun weekend with friends/team mates. Weather was very and I mean very HOT. Snake Alley didn't go well for me, I need to work on my climbing ALOT! I only did two laps before I quit. Had a lot of fun watching the rest of the race and cheering on Travis at the top of the SNAKE. He did GREAT, he is very strong and wish I could climb half as good as him. Anyways, was a blast to see and glad I gave it a shot, but don't know if I will ever do it again.

Melon City another HOT day with a course that had a climb that didn't suite me. I went into the race not to quit. Race started fast and I made it up the climb with the pack the first lap and then got dropped on the second lap and kept going. I was with one other guy and we were working together, but he quit a few laps later. I was lapped and jumped into the field and managed to make it up one more lap with the field and then was dropped the next lap. I quit this race too, like I said before I need to work on my climbing.

Rock Island was a flat 8 corner course and the temperature was a bit cooler. All I have to say is what a cool course. I started in the 4th row, kind of far back. I had a really hard time moving up. The pace was fast and we were always breaking in the corners. I tried many different line and tried to move up when I could. I was able to get toward the front once, but didn't stay there long. When it came down to the last lap I was able to avoid a crash, but right before the last corner I almost felt like puking, so I didn't have anything left for the sprint. Maybe Happy Joe's isn't the best idea for diner the night before a race. Would love to do this race again next year.

Thinking I would like to stay a Cat. 3 for at least another year.

I need to look at the schedule and figure out what race I want to do next.

1 comment: