2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hartland/Sussex 5-22,23-10

Saturday in Hartland was a little warm but tollerable. The course was flat with one wide open 90 degree corner and the rest were sweepers. I raced with a brace on and was a bit worried about crashing and hurting myself even more. I was playing it safe giving myself lots of room between racers and giving myself escape routes. At one point of the race there was a 1 man break with no one wanting to catch him. There was an IS corp. guy that was doing a lot of work, but couldn't reel him in, so went to give him a hand. I pulled for over a lap and then he came back around me to help and we were getting close. I told him to slow it down a bit and let him dangle. He did and I thought being this close that someone else might come in the front to pull up to him. Didn't happen, but we did catch him before the finish. When it was time to sprint I had to go up the middle, which is something new for me, but worked out well. I was able to finish in 4th place.

Sunday in Sussex was very very HOT and humid. The course had one 90 degree corner and the rest were sweepers with one hill that wore into you after a while. I was drinking fluids like crazy to make sure that I was hydrated. The race was ok, but when it came time to sprint I didn't have it in me. I think I was heat exhausted, maybe if I would have had another bottle with plain water with ice cubes in it to dump over my head once in a while would have helped along with ice cubes in my OS drink. I will chalk this up as a learning expierience.

Still waiting for MRI results to take the next step with my wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment