2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, March 28, 2011

Changes

I had a power test on Saturday and let just say that it didn't go as well as I would have liked. But, it did still go up, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Anyways I think it could have gone up a little more. Couple things that may have contributed to my results; trainer (was on my Kurt Kinetic and not my rollers), supplements (used some, normally just use water), computer (was making up its own laps). This is just my thought of what might have kept me from gaining more. Anyways, I busted my ass trying to gain what I did and then when I was done and was trying to recover I was getting some cramping in my left calf. This did eventually go away, but this test really hurt.

Yesterday I went out for almost 4 hours and met up with two team mates (Brian & Jeff), Jeff pulled off and headed back, he probably had 1 1/2 hours in when he headed back. Brian and I kept going, we had a good ride with no specific route. I like doing these kinds of rides it makes it more fun, get to venture out on roads that you haven't been on before. Weather wasn't the greatest and I did not dress appropriately either, this made for a discomfort when going into the COLD headwind. My finger tips went numb a couple of times, I should have warn warmer gloves. Other than that my body was pretty comfortable.

We (Tammy and I) are currently house/puppy sitting and this is a huge change in our routine. We are not liking the situation at all, but we will get through this and then we can get back to our routine. We are sitting until Wednesday evening, but I am doing what I can to get my workouts in.

My first race of the year will be on Saturday and I am heading down to Hillsboro Illinois with Travis, Brian, Erik, should be a good time. Not expecting anything big out of this race, just the experience!

Next week I will be going to Arizona to visit my mother for a week. Unfortunately will not be taking my bicycle, but will still be a lot of fun. And we are totally looking forward to it. When we get back then we close on our new house on Friday, looking forward to it, time is going to fly bye.

So, I have a lot going on lately, but that is how I like it. Keep moving, stay busy.

Till next time.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment