2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, May 9, 2011

Muskego Criterium

Muskego Criterium was held in Muskego Park. This was a 1.1 mile loop w/100 feet of climbing per lap. I did the M1,2,3 race with my coach, who I also car pooled with. Weather was cool, cloudy, but hey at least it was dry. Well, it did sprinkle a little bit on and off, but not hard enough to make you wet at all.

After a decent warm up I took a one lap warm up. I have ridden this course before, but it is still nice to just go through it once to see if there are any holes or cracks to worry about. Also good to feel out the wind direction.

My goal for this race was to do better than Whitnall. I did a really good job staying out of the wind and following safe wheels. Everyone rode safe and smooth, the climb was a bit slower than I would have thought, but that was ok with me. On the last lap I was a bit far back in the field and passed quit a few people on the finishing hill. I managed to still have some left in the tank, so bad positioning by me. I managed to finish 16th, so that was a lot better than Whitnall Park, so job well done.

Hopefully I will be going down to Monster of Midway with Travis on Saturday for a criterium their. But, I may have to help out with the yard on Saturday. I have topsoil, but need to pcik out the rocks and spread the topsoil and plant grass. We are still trying to figure out what we want to do for our patio. Maybe be able to race on Sunday if I can't race on Saturday.

Going with the flow, and we will see what happens.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment