2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, May 16, 2011

Wheels on Willy

Wheels on Willy I believe is held in Madison, but there is road construction this year and they held the race in Fitchburg. I have been on this same course last year and it is wide open turns and very fast. The weather was in the upper 50's and very windy (wind gust around 40mph).

I car pooled with team mate Travis and his family and he was doing two races Cat. 3 and P1,2,3. I decided to race with him also, my first double of the year. I have been racing the M1,2,3 class and this was going to be a hard day.

Category 3 race was full of break away attempts, and that is all they were attempts, nothing stayed away and on the final lap I was bit further back than I would have liked, but managed to pass many racers to the finish.

P1,2,3 race was VERY FAST from the word go and I was dropped about 25 minutes in, I kept going though not to hard waiting for the field to lap me and then jump back in. I was able to stay with the field again up until the last lap when I was shelled again. Oh well, I will take it as a good training day and hoping that some good will come out of this butt whopping.

Off topic a little bit, on Saturday I did a little motor pacing. I had my brother drive my car and I followed him. This was our first time doing this and I think with some more experience this could be a good thing.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment