2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crazy MoFos'

Riding outside on December 31st, 2011. I had set up a ride because we were going to have mild temperatures. But, needless to say, not the greatest of road conditions. I was getting people cancelling out on my ride, so I was going to post pone or cancel the ride. I did make another phone call to Jim G (team mate) who was joining me, and he told me he was going and was meeting other people in a meeting spot in Cedarburg. So, no plan changes and I left my house at 10am with slightly snow covered roads. Meet up with Jim and his group of 8 total. I was really surprised how many people he had with him. The roads were very sketchy, and half of the group split a little while later. Half the group headed back to Cedarburg, and the rest of us headed towards Sussex.

I rode mostly tempo and had no problem being on the front pulling. Mike H. was on a bit of a time constraint, so I was glad to stay on the front keeping a good pace, without dropping anyone. Tailwind was nice and we made up some time really quick, but I don't think he made it back when he was suppose to. I tried to help.

I spent the morning getting my Giant ready. I changed the fit to be more like my Trek and also put my Quarq crank on so I could watch my power zones. I also have on a set of clamp on aero bars and used these quite a bit. Overall the bike fit felt good, only bad part is my saddle sucks. You really need to have a nice saddle if you plan on riding for 4 hours. Not sure if I really want to invest any money into my winter bike. I don't ride it that often, so, I think I will just deal with it.

New Years Eve night was a lot of fun! We stayed home, but had my brother and his fiance over. They spent the night so we were able to let loose.

I was suppose to ride on Sunday, but wasn't feeling well in the morning. We had plans in the afternoon that consumed the rest of the day, so I didn't get to ride. I rode on Monday instead, and didn't do my weight training because my brother wasn't up to it and I didn't' feel driving any where. I will get some weight training next week.

Now it is time to get completely on track now, all the distractions are out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment