2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Thursday, April 12, 2012

1st Criterium Practice '12, OBC

This past Tuesday evening I had my first criterium practice. Considering the weather only being in the mid to upper 30's and very windy, I still had @ 11 brave souls come out and join me. Had 3 women and that is a high for me, hope they keep coming out. We were able to squeeze in 3 mini races. They were a blast and helped people to practice drafting, sprinting and break-aways. I did stay after to consume a couple of beverages and a sandwich. Thanks to those that came out. Next one will be April 24th, help spread the word.
Last night I went and did the OBC ride that left Grafton at 5:30pm. I left work a little early to make sure I was ready in time. I drove out this time, because I wanted to do the whole thing. Early on though someone flatted and 6 other and myself stopped and waited while everyone else kept going. By the time they had fixed the flat we were on our own. So, instead of doing the planned route we went and did the Waubeka route which is a little longer. We had most of the strong guys and we worked very well pace-lining almost the whole time. I do believe that this was a better workout anyways. I did manage to squeeze out enough energy to win the final sprint too. Great ride!
Tonight I plan on doing some hill repeats on Hillside off of Hwy NN going south to Sleepy Dragon. Friday will be a rest day, and Saturday will be a short leg opener, and Sunday will be GDVC #1. The first WCA race for 2012 and I am really looking foreword to it. I am going to be racing Cat. 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment