2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, March 11, 2013

Soggy Weekend

Saturday/Sunday was the 2nd Annual Local Boys Training weekend. Saturday was suppose to go out to Holy Hill and Sunday would be along the lake towards Port Washington. The starting point was Wheel & Sprocket in Fox Point at 9:30am.
I new it was going to be a small showing because it was going to be a wet one. As I was getting closer to the start point the harder it was raining. When I arrived there were three others , bet they left early on their own. I was a bit early, I arrived shortly after 9am. I was dressed and ready to go early, nobody else is there yet. 9:30am passes and I said to myself just wait another 5 minutes, and if nobody shows up then pack it up and go ride in the basement. 9:34 Tony shows up, ok, I said if nobody else shows up I am going home. He said ok, let me get dressed, as he was getting dressed Erik came rolling down the road. Alright lets ride then. At this point it has pretty much stopped raining, but the roads where very wet.
We headed towards Theinsville then we were headed towards Cedarburg. I picked something up in my rear tire and it went flat. I changed the tube and checked my tire and didn't see/feel anything in so, I put a new tube in. We proceeded to Cedarburg and stopped at a gas station for food. At this point my feet where very cold. Erik had purchased some feet warmers, they didn't every help a little. We then proceeded back. Half way back and my tire goes flat again. So, this time I just put some air into it to see it that would just get me back. It didn't, so I pulled the tire off again and this time I found something in it and pulled it out and put in another tube and on our we we went. We finally got back and I just wanted to get out of my wet clothes and warm up.
Sunday I rode in my basement. I now that it is only March, but Erik riding me off his wheel. I know he racing soon, so he is prepared for that. I am only in the tempo phase of my training and will be for the rest of March. April I start up my intensities so we will see what happens.
Upcoming, Saturday I will be doing a JDRF TTT, I am certainly not trained for it, but I will give it my best shot. They are short, just over 6 miles I think, and if you win you keep racing other teams. I have no expectations. I am hoping to get outside on Sunday morning, but not sure if it will happen. I am going to the home show with my wife on Sunday. Hoping to get outside soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment