2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Friday, March 1, 2013

FTP Test

Last night was my functional threshold power test. I have been getting a little stronger and noticing that my training rides where getting a little easier.
I had a number in my head that I felt was achievable as a goal. The warm up went really good and I felt strong. I started my 20 minute test a little hard, which is normal for me. I only perfect one of these per year. So, maybe the next one will be better, from wise, and will be at the end of March. I was able to hold 5-7 watts higher than my goal. But, after the 10 minutes I knew I had to back it down a little other wise I wasn't going to finish. I kept going, just not pushing as hard for 3 minutes. This allowed my body to recover a little and then I picked it up a little to the end.
I did the best that I could have done, not leaving anything on the table. I actually pushed my body so hard that as I hit 20 minutes I threw up. I have thrown up on the bike before, but never inside. I was in the basement and my wife heard me up stairs. She gave me a crazy look when I up stairs. Ok, anyways, as the results go I am very pleased. I went up 16 watts putting me at where I was last year at this time. Actually I am up 3 watts from last year. Very excited about this since I first started training January 1st. Where last season I started in December 1st. Goal for the end of March is to gain another 10 watts and that would put me at the highest point I was last year.
I am not a very strong rider when it come down to power to weight. I am not built like a true cyclist, my upper body is too big. I wish I could loose my belly fat! I feel I eat right, but just can't loose the belly fat. Hoping that I can trim down more once I am riding outside more and commuting to work.
I hope the weather starts to get better. I have some training rides that are suppose to be outside with a group. Actually it is next weekend, called the Second Local Boys Training Weekend. It is Saturday and Sunday. Ride time details: Both Rides will be leaving From Wheel and Sprocket North Shore.

Saturday March 9th - 9:30am roll out time from Wheel & Sprocket North shore (Lake Drive).
... *Destination*= Holy Hill
*Duration* = Should be about 5-6 hrs
*Distance* = 70mi (pending)
*Pace* = Moderate early then some efforts on the climbs under threshold and Tempo home.

Sunday- March 10th - 9:30am roll out time from Wheel & Sprocket North shore (lake drive.
*Destination* = Port Washington (flat route) with mostly pace-line work and high cadence intervals.
*Duration* = 3.5 Hrs.
*Distance* = 60mi (pending)
*Pace* = Moderate early, high cadence pace-line efforts then just some nice spinning to round out the ride.

Lets not forget about the coveted town line sprint efforts.
 

Should be good rides, looks to be quite a good group of guys coming. Feel free to join in if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment