2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunny..Cool...Wet....Windy.....Snowy

Saturday I went for a ride leaving the house at 9am. I rode 3x25 minute tempo's and the rest endurance, except on the hills of course. I really wanted to ride with Jeff M. but my time was restricted a bit. When I left it was certainly cool out, but I did have plenty of sun helping it feel a little warmer.
I went through Lomira, Theresa, and Campbellsport. The route was great with plenty of rolling hills. I rode for 62 miles with 3.5 hours in the saddle. I was pretty wiped out after that, so wiped that I thought I wouldn't be able to recover at all for my ride for Sunday.
Sunday I checked my accuweather and forecast was cloudy with plenty of wind. Temperature was cool again, so I dressed the same as I did for Saturday, because that was perfect. I am all set to go and I open the garage door and guess what? It is SNOWING! I was already dressed ready to go, so I went. It didn't take long and roads were wet. I kept going and the snow was starting to accumulate on the roads. I rode almost to Beechwood before heading back south. As I was getting closer to home the roads were just wet. I rode for another 30+ miles with just under 2 hours in the saddle. My bike was trashed, covered in sand and slush.
I spent a couple hours cleaning my bike and replacing a rear derailleur cable. This is my final week of base 3 training. I have a power test on Thursday and I feel as if I am getting stronger. Looking foreword to start my building  part 1 of training. Also looking foreword to the criterium practices that start in two weeks. Now if the weather would just turn around, winter is OVER now leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment