2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting Some Motivation

Well I am about one and half months away from the first race of the season. Motivation is starting to pick up and the days are getting longer. Yesterday I went to train with some of my teammates at the training center that we are allowed to use for free. We had a really good turn out, their must have been fifteen to twenty riders. This made for a good stinky sweat shop, but you don't notice it unless you leave the room and come back. I rode for two hours and had a lot of fun doing it. My workout was not structured except for one part when my teammate Grant was doing some short high wattage intervals. When he would go I would go, I thought of it as if we were in a race and he was getting ready to pull me for the last time for the sprint! This was really fun and enjoyed it a lot. I haven't put any effort in like that in a long time. I did feel really good though!

After I rode with the team I went and rode some more with the Washington County Bike Club. Which they have been holding one indoor ride at the end of each month. This was the first one that I was actually able to commit to. We watched an old bicycle race movie, but I don't know which one it was. I put in an hour and half and was definitely was feeling tight. But, all in all at least I am getting some more time in the saddle.

Today I am going to ride outside! It is going to be about 17 degrees when we start and maybe make its way up 25 degrees. I am meeting up with three other teammates, Brian Petted, Ryan Pokorny, Greg Geiger. Ryan and I rode towards Brian and Greg and than headed west. We had a strong cold wind that was coming out of the west @ twenty miles an hour, which made it very hard for me to get comfortably warm. We rode out to the gas station in Slinger for a bathroom break and then headed our way back. Coming back was much more pleasant I could have rode with the wind all day. We practiced a little easy effort pace line, Ryan and Greg were new to this. We took around about way back and went through Ridge Run Park which is always really cool. There was a couple of times that I put in bursts of power, but nothing to long. After Ridge Run we rode into West Bend where Brian and Greg split off and headed towards Cedarburg and Ryan and I went home. I put in two and half hours in the saddle, very easy effort nothing really exerting. All in all a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment