2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, February 20, 2012

Double Header

I was able to get outside this past weekend, both days! In February this is phenomenal! These mild temperatures with the lack of snow has kept the roads relatively safe.

Saturday I went out for 2 hours and headed north. I am really fortunate to be so close the the northern kettles. The scenery is beautiful and the roads are awesome and the traffic is very light. I didn't feel particularly strong, but managed to still muscle out a decent ride. I didn't want to ride to much on Saturday, because I was planning for a longer ride on Sunday. Saturday's ride was great, got the job done in the morning and then I was able to proceed on with my days' duties.

Sunday, what a day! Ryan met me at my house at 9am and we proceeded to ride towards Atwater School to meet up with others. They were leaving at 10:30, so, we had to hustle. I didn't know the route that they were going to take, so I wanted to try to meet them at there starting location. Ryan and I took turns taking 10 minute pulls, this was working perfect. He is getting much stronger and I hope he can stick with it. As we were getting closer and the clock ticking away, I knew that we were not going to make. So, I called my contact and left message. He did call me back a bit later and then text me the new meeting location. Ryan and I had to turn around and head back north. We were still able to make it to the meeting location before they arrived. We met them at Wheel & Sprocket on Lake Dr. & Green Tree. We rode with them (@10 people, and mostly IS Corp juniors) up to Cedarburg and then Ryan and I proceeded home. Our harder effort heading down sure taxed my body and I was pretty toast. I had 4 hours in the saddle, so 6 hours for the weekend and over 10 hours for the week. Now I need a little break 1 or 2 days off and then I have a FTP test on Thursday. Not expecting a whole lot out of this next test, and I will be very happy with any positive gain.

I had a great weekend riding my bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment