2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, February 27, 2012

Another Postive Gain

I just came off of a Rest/Test week. What does that mean? It means I give my body and mind some rest which entails a little extra time off of the bike. The "test" part is my 20 minute power test. Monday (2-20) I weight lifted due to the fact that I had a good weekend of riding. So, I needed the extra day off the bike. Tuesday I rode, Wednesday I rode, and Thursday was my test day. I gave it a shot, but I still wasn't recovered enough to have a good test. How did I know? Well, during my warm up I could tell my legs were not liking what I was doing. I pushed on anyways, then while doing my test my heart rate was climbing rapidly with the pace I was doing for reaching the goal that I wanted. At 10 minutes in of my 20 minute test I called it quits. Friday took the day off, Saturday did a 1 hour leg opener for Sunday's test again. So, with the day off and a short ride on Saturday allowed my body to recover some more. Sunday's test went great! I met my goal and I am at a new all time high for my 20 minute power. Now I have adjusted my power zones accordingly and looking forward to training with my new zones. It is amazing how with just a little more rest how much more torture your body can handle.

Upcoming: March I have some outdoor group rides planned and looking to get in a bunch of motor pacing. I will keep an eye on my WKO program making sure I don't dig myself into a hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment