2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, February 6, 2012

February Group Ride

Wow, what a beautiful weekend weather wise here in Wisconsin. I had a team mate set up a group ride for Saturday. He was starting in Cedarburg and brought the route up to West Bend where 4 of us met up with 3 others. The sun was plentiful and the winds were light. I believe the temperatures in the lower 40's, nice thing about the sun, is that it makes it feel a little warmer than what it really is.

I had a lot of fun taking my pulls and enjoyed seeing my friends. I did have a little bad luck though. My rear Easton wheel broke a spoke. I think this is due to last years crash at Downer. My wheel was out of true and I had it fixed, but I think that spoke was bent a bit and was weakened. Shouldn't be a big deal to have it fixed. I am glad that it did happen now instead of in a race.

I rode 70 miles and I was pretty trashed by the end of the ride. Sunday, I rode in the basement next to my wife. I did an easy short ride just to spin out the legs a little. I need to make sure that I am not hurting my legs to much to soon.

Monday, I will do some weight training and then by Tuesday I will be good to go again.

1 comment:

  1. I've done 10 rides for a total of 200 miles this year. In 2011 I didn't do my 10th outdoor ride until March 15. Crazy good weather so far! These are mostly just fun rides at this point, not serious training. But what a bonus!

    ReplyDelete