2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, April 13, 2015

GDVC #1

Well yesterday was my first race of the season. Race was the GDVC #1 and is located in a Industrial Park in Madison. The course is rolling at .9 of a mile long. The wind was BRUTAL! The sun was plentiful and the temperature was @70 degrees. Can't complain about that.
During my warm up I didn't feel that great. I felt a bit tired and not sure why. I knew with the winds that a breakaway was sure to happen. On the second lap is when it all started. Guys started shooting off the front, one guy at a time. I believe the break grew to 6 racers. I saw it, but I didn't try to bridge any of the gaps. I guess I was hoping that it was going to come back. It never did, enough teams had someone in the break. No need for them to try to help bring it back. I unfortunately don't have any team mates and don't have the strength to try to bring breaks back. Oh well.
The group I was in eventually was lapped, now this is where it gets a little confusing. We were lapped by just one person and then about a lap later was the rest of the breakaway. We allowed them to keep racing. The chasing break caught the solo guy and then with one lap to go we were all together. That had to be challenging figuring out the proper finishing order, because almost everyone was sprinting to the finish. I didn't push my sprint 100%, why? I don't really know. I was officially placed 16th. Not sure how accurate this is.
It was great getting that first race out of the way. I felt great during the race and wish I would have tried to get into the break early. This is always easy to say after the race. I wish I had more confidence in bridging the gaps. I am satisfied with my fitness and looking foreword to this coming weekend. Saturday I will be racing in Menomonee Park, Menomonee Falls, and Sunday I will be back in Madison going the opposite direction on the same course as this past Sunday. I look foreword to seeing a LOT of TEAM EXTREMER'S in Menomonee Falls.

1 comment:

  1. Nice progress made from race #1 to Menomonee. That crash a few days before Great Dane likely had lingering affects. It's a long season.

    ReplyDelete