2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Ouch!

Yesterday I went and did the OBC group ride. It started in Grafton and was the Newburg route.  It was only 41 degrees and a little windy. The group was small 6 total,  5 Team Extreme members.  We worked on a paceline.
About mid ride we were coming up to a left turn.  The guy in the front Mike stopped pedaling,  stood up and jerked his bike back.  I know that it wasn't intentional,  but not smart when you have others right on your wheel. The guy behind Mike hit Mike and was able to stay upright.  I hit him, I went down and slid for a bit. Then I hear oh Jeramey I am going to hit you and then Brian plowed into my back and he went flying over the bars.
I gathered myself straightened my bars and brake/shifter lever. I quickly looked over the bike and everything seemed to be okay.  Brian's bike on the other hand,  his saddle btoke. Some how he managed to break the rails. He rode his bike like that for the duration.
We rode the rest of the scheduled route. We didn't add any extra loops. I changed my clothes at the parking area.  That is when I looked at my elbow.  My elbow was sore, but I didn't actually think it was all scrapped.  It is still really sore this morning.
My first race is this weekend.  I'm excited for that, but this crash took a little wind out of my sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment