2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, November 7, 2011

Just for FUN!

I have been taking much needed time off the bike this off season. I have been only riding on the weekends and for the most part just one day. My rides consist of having fun, no specific training goals, except maybe a duration in the saddle, but not paying huge attention to my wattage.


This past weekend I actually went out twice, Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was beautiful out, so I wanted to get out. I did a house chore first thing in the morning, which allowed it to warm up a little before going riding. I left around 11am, but quickly noticed that my bike was having a mechanical, so now when I was planning a longer ride, turned into a shorter ride. My rear shifter cable was about to break, so I shortened my ride and upped the intensity. I made it home without my cable breaking.


When I arrived back at home I took my bike to the basement and fixed it right away. I had replacement parts in stock, so not a huge deal.


My wife came home and wanted to ride, but in the basement. She said why don't you ride w/me? I said I don't really feel like riding in the basement, but I did it anyways. I rode in the basement for an hour and my ride outside was about 45 minutes.




Sunday, since Saturday didn't go as planned and my wife was going to be gone all day, I went for another ride, managed to get in a nice long ride in. The weather wasn't near as nice as Saturday's. Sunday was very breezy and overcast. I rode to Holy Hill Church and then headed a little more southwest before returning home. I rode around 3hr45min., bike worked good, but I do have this annoying sound coming from my bottom bracket.

I am taking my bike into the shop tonight and they are going to be putting in a new over sized bottom bracket bearing. The current one has some extra play making my bottom bracket make extra noise. This will be really nice if it all works out.


Future training, I think I am going to take the rest of November to weekend rides and some weight training. I was in the gym last week and was having fun with that, so keep that going through November. December I am going to start doing specific training, nothing crazy, but start getting a routine going.












No comments:

Post a Comment