2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mechanical Hiatis

I have been having issues with my Trek Madone. I get an unpleasant sound coming out of my bottom bracket. I have been dealing with this for a long time and it is getting worse. Something needs to be done with it and I am not sure what is going to be done to resolve this problem.

What I have done so far: I have cleaned the bottom bracket many times. Had an over-sized bearing put in on one side because there was to much play. This was done last week and was hoping that, that was going to solve the noise, no such luck. I know that it is the bottom bracket for sure, because I can take the same crank and put it on my Giant which has a threaded bottom bracket and that bike doesn't make any noise.

I am hoping Trek has a solution for my problem and can be resolved in a timely manor.

I am going to be kicking in my training this week with a power test, so I can officially start my training in December and I need to make sure that my power zones are correct. I know I have lost some fitness, but I also know that you need to loose some in order to gain some in the next season. I also know that I am stronger this year than last year, because last year I had surgery on my wrist and leg. My current training looks to be on my Giant until Trek figures something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment