2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, March 5, 2012

Motivation

I am getting pretty bored with riding my rollers in the basement. Winter decided to show up again on Friday 3/2/12 and cold temperatures all weekend keeping me in the basement. Daylight is getting longer and the extended forecast is looking promising. Can't wait to get outside. Saturday 3/3/12 I switched up my training a bit and did something that I haven't done in two years. I trained to a training video. It was a Coach Troy video and I did the Mount Lemon climb. He does the climb with a video camera and talks during it telling you what gear to be in and what kind of intensity you should be doing. The climb is located in Tuscon, Arizona, which my Mom lives out their and someday I will do it for real. Anyways it was something different and I enjoyed it very much, even though it hurt a bit. Total workout was one hour thirty minutes.

Sunday, I rode with my wife in the basement. She rode while watching the Biggest Loser. I listened to music with my head phones. She rode for one hour thirty minutes and I rode for two hours. For my training on Sunday I knew I wanted to ride for two hours. I did a mix bag of almost everything, zones wise. I feel I am the strongest I have ever been, so training is going well.

The weather looks to be very promising the next two weeks and I will be commuting to work on my bicycle and getting some riding outside after work. Daylight saving is this weekend and that will help my after work riding out a lot. Looking forward to two plus hours of riding after work OUTSIDE! Looking to work on my steady state efforts quit a bit in March. I will be starting a little bit of hills training and hoping to get in a bunch of motor pacing. Biggest thing that I am looking for in March is to get OUTSIDE!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, man! Watching all that snow coming down was just depressing. We've had it pretty easy this winter, but last weekend was crap. You're right about this week's forecast. It's promising, but watch out for high winds. I haven't ridden outside in nearly 2 weeks and I'm very anxious. I'm really just starting to build my base, but my competitive goals fall much later in the year than yours. Going to do the practice crit series in Pleasant Prairie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am probably going to skip the Kenosha Crits. My first race weather dependent will be March 31st, Burnham Race at Blackhawk Raceway in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete