2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Is it May?

WOW, what beautiful weather we are having in the middle of March.It is going to be a good week for riding outside. I rode outside on Saturday with a small group of around eight. We left Wheel & Sprocket North shore at 9:30am and head out to Holly Hill. It was quit cool yet and very windy, but the ride back was really nice. I had some good tempo efforts and had a lot of fun! We had some mechanical too of course, a broken chain, flat tire, seat post bolt break, but no crashes, just good fun in the sun. I had about 70 miles total.

Sunday I went out again, but this time by myself. I had some time constraints, so I was not able to ride from Wheel & Sprocket again. I rode towards Holly Hill again, but didn't go to the church. I rode 45 miles and again put in some good tempo efforts. I had to leave a bit early, so again my ride back in was nicer than going out. Oh well, need to balance cycling, life and of course the wife.

Monday, I went out for an easy 30 miles. Ryan P. joined me and we just talked a spun. It was nice just spinning around. The roads were wet in some spots, but for the most part fairly dry. Temps where in the mid to upper 50's and winds a little lighter. This ride was kept very easy, you need these days too in training.

Today I am going to ride again after work and will be putting some good temp/threshold efforts. I should be able to get in two hours before the sun goes down. Tomorrow (Wednesday) my brother in going to be the motor pace driver while Ryan and I follow. Thursday will be another easy day and Friday will be an off day. Saturday I am keeping my options open for now, and will see what my schedule allows me to do. Same goes for Sunday! This is going to be a good week of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment