2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Motor Pacing #2

Motor pacing last night went fairly well. I had Jake from work drive the car while Ryan and I motor paced behind. Jake not being a bicycle rider was a bit heavy on the gas pedal at times. We had one person that almost pulled out in front of us. I saw this coming so I managed not to panic and had a exit strategy. While Jake just kept follow the road and Ryan panicked and grabbed a hand full of brakes, but managed to stay up-right. This was just south of Fond Du Lac.
The route was great and went like this. We started just north of Kewaskum on Hwy 45 to Hwy K north a little more to Hwy T east to Hwy G south. We rode for 45 miles with an average speed of 27+ mph. The only way to reach speeds like these is either motor pacing or racing. I am looking forward to the next time and I am thinking of doing the same exact route, just improving the speed.
Tonight I am going to meet up with some OBC riders and tomorrow looks like some rain/T-storms moving so I will probably take the day off. Friday will also be a rest day and Saturday 110 miles for Ripon College. I do have some plans on Sunday, so I will be just winging that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment