2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Practice for Training

Last night I did a little motor pacing practice. I call it practice because it was only for only thirty minutes. I wanted my team mate to get some time in too, he was able to get in 20 minutes. We started from my work and headed towards Extreme Ski & Bike. We jig jagged over to Hwy Y and then headed south. I went to Hwy Y & Hwy 60 and then we switched. He went from Hwy Y to the shop. This was very short for both of us and would have been nice to get in more time, but we only had so much daylight to work with. I need to get a designated driver so that the both of us could be riding at the same time.

The roller works really good, keeping us from taking the paint off of his bumper. We picked up some of our new kits, not everything was in, but I was able to get two bibs and one jersey. I ordered a white jersey too, I really like the way the new kits look. Anyways, back to motor pacing, I am looking foreword to more training and it is suppose to help increase my speed. I did do some of it last year at the end of the season, so I never really got a chance to see if it helped my racing. Starting motor pacing early this year should help, but time will tell.

I commuted to work yesterday and wanted to today too, but it is suppose to rain. I will probably train in my basement tonight for two reasons, 1) daylight, not enough of it right now and I need to get in 90 minutes. 2) rain, I don't feel like riding in the rain yet. Weather looks promising all weekend so I am looking foreword to getting outside both days. Next week I weather permitting I should be riding outside after work since daylight saving is this weekend. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment