2014 Madone 7 Series

2014 Madone 7 Series

Monday, March 19, 2012

Jim Giese's Training Ride

This past Saturday Jim hosted a group training ride. Let me say that he did a phenominal job. Nice job Jim. He had sprint spots and a 6 mile mini circuit race, for a total a 4 harder efforts. There must have been @ 40 riders, which was awesome. Good to see the familier faces and seen a bunch of new ones too.
First sprint was by the intersection of Pleasant Valley & Hwy M. I timed this one right and won it for 5 points and for a pound of coffee. Second sprint was by the intersection of Decorah & Hwy M placing 2nd for 3 points, and I let my team mate Grant who won it. Third one was the 6 mile circuit race where I placed 2nd for another 3 points, I timed this one badly but managed a good position behind Jeff Melcher. Fourth one was by intersection Hwy 60 & Division, this again I was 2nd for 3 more points and behind Jeff Melcher. I really had fun doing this ride and it was a great way to judge my fitness against others without having to sign up for a race. I also won the GC for the total ride, so my winnings on the day was 1 pound bag Fiddleheads Coffee, a water bottle, a T-shirt, and a bag of protein things that tasted good. I rode to the ride w/Jim S. thanks for the company. And seen that Jeff also rode out, but when it was time to come back I was by myself. Brian P. rode with me back to West Bend thanks for the company. Had a total of 72 miles.
Sunday I went out with my wife, first time outside for her this year. We rode two hours really easy for a total of 30 miles. I then mowed the grass and believe it or not in some spots it really needed it. I weed eated, not sure if that is gramically correct? And then I edged my sidewalk which was a lot more work than I anticipated even with the edger. I got a lot of sun this weekend and possibly a bit to much.
This weeks training is hopefully going to look like this....Monday, off (funteral), Tuesday, motor pace, Wednesday, meet up with OBC, Thursday,recover ride, Friday, off, Saturday, Ripon 110 mile road ride, Sunday, recovery ride. Should be another good week of training. Oh and by the way I had a record amount of saddle time this past week with almost a total of 14 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment